April 23, 2015
Presented annually by the Ad Rodeo Association, the Anvil Awards celebrate creative excellence in Calgary’s advertising community. This year, there were 39 categories, and the judges were selected from among the top agencies in Canada and the U.S.:
- Helen Pak, President and COO of Havas Worldwide Canada
- Jason White, Executive Creative Director of Leviathan
- Aaron Wiggan, Group Strategy Director at Droga5
- Rob Tarry, Creative Director at Rethink Vancouver
- Sanya Grujicic, Senior Copywriter at SID LEE
“We admit it was odd — a stock footage company making a video parodying stock footage,” says Jon Parker, Dissolve’s brand director. “But it turned out to be the best ad we could have made for ourselves. We love how the advertising community has embraced it as their own cautionary tale. We’re happy to be part of their worst-case scenario.”
This is the second Anvil a Dissolve video has won. Last year, “Analog: The Heart of Fratello Coffee” won for Best Videography.
Thank you to Ad Rodeo and the judges for the honor (and the great night).
See all the Anvil 2015 winners.